Problem Starting Limewire (help!)

Discussion in 'Software' started by swooshman, Sep 2, 2005.

1. swooshman

swooshman Private E-2

I have been using Limewire for some time now and today I tried running it, but everytime i dbl click on it nothing happens,
    I tried updating, uninstalling and re-installing and nothing works.

I'm running Windows XP, laptop with wireless internet.

Any help as always would be appreciated. :mad:

2. Brian C

Brian C Private Peanut Gallery

Service Pack 2 installed, then no LimeWire maybe?

3. No did you try restrting the coputer sometimes the program gets weird like that and the pc needs a reboot. Come back and lemme know if it helps

4. Handyman4114

Handyman4114 Private E-2

Swooshman, I used to have Limewire on my wireless laptop with Win2K. I, too, had the same problem where the program would not open, no matter how I ran it. After trying to re-install it three times, I got rid of it and got bearshare. I've got the free version, and it's still much faster than limewire. I recommend you do the same to end your sour woes with Limewire.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  5. Nah, It is not the fact the program is not compatible, it is some type of a problem. Heres what you do:
    1.Uninstall limewire
    2:restart computer
    3:Go back in and delete the limewire folder from c:/program files (the whole folder!)
    4:restart computer again.
    5:download and install limewire
    6.restart and try it
    come back and tell me if that helps.
    -the new tech guy

6. Handyman4114

Handyman4114 Private E-2

Tech Guy,
    Thanks for the info. I have since abandoned limewire, and i was using Bearshare until I upgraded my OS. Now I am currently searching for a new P2P filesharing program. I have tried a few, but none of them seem to be compatible with my network. I have my computer connected to my Linksys Router, which is then connected to my DSL Modem. Any ideas would be great. I have WINMX on disc, and i'd like to use that if possible.

7. Try limewire again and download it from there website. But do not get Kazaa it has torjans golore in it! But i would honestly try limewire again.
    -the new tech guy

8. Handyman4114

Handyman4114 Private E-2

Late Update:
    I have been using limewire for the last year or more, and it works great! I had some trouble with it about one month ago where it would not start when I clicked the icon. I uninstalled and reinstalled, using the newer version to reinstall, and after three cycles of un-and re-install, it works fine.
    Machines are just like people: Picky, harrassing, and moody. :p

-Handyman4114

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds