Problem Uninstalling Program (Add/Remove)

Discussion in 'Software' started by mongooseba, May 22, 2009.

1. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi, All,

I am unable to reinstall the drivers for the Documate Scanner from Visioneer. Specifically I'm trying to remove the following:

OneTouch 4.0
    OneTouch 4.0 Scansoft Omipage OCR Module

The instructions were to remove the drivers first from the Add/Remove section of the control panel. This proved to be a complete failure. Went into the regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Could find some keys associated with Onetouch and removed them. I'm not too sure what I should do next. The Add/remove section still has these two drivers present but no button to remove them.:-o

Periodically my computer also freezes as well with a continous beep. Kindly advise. Thanks a bunch.

Mongooseba :-o:-o:-o

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

3. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plastidust,

Thanks for the speedy reply. What should I be seaching for? Never used program before. Should I only search for OneTouch variable? Kindly provide details. Thanks.

Mongooseba

4. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plastidust,

Will this program also search for broken links and remove messed up programs that cannot be eliminated noramlly in the Add/Remove section of the control panel?

Thanks again.

Mongooseba

5. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Thanks for the info. Will do it. ;)

Mongoosba

6. mongooseba

mongooseba Corporal

Hi Plastidust and DomLuc,

It worked and bypassed the traditional Add/Remove section. Thanks a bunch and I've reloaded the drivers. The scanner functions.

Mongooseba:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds