Problem Viewing Links.

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpartanWarrior, May 22, 2010.

1. SpartanWarrior

SpartanWarrior Private E-2

Hi when I go here
    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/
    it opens well in firefox or IE 8, but when I click on (the magazine) it will not open and will always time out, it also does it in IE 8, but when I go to my kids computer it will open with no problems,
    I have windows 7 64 bit, I also tried disabling windows 7 firewall, updated java and flashplayer, and also java script is enabled, but still doesn't work, can anybody help me out with this? As I don't have any other problems with other sites Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do a quick clean out of the temp cache and cookies, use CCLeaner for this, then reset IE by going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab and click Reset, then close and restart IE and see if that helps.

Try IE in its no-addons mode, find this easy by clicking Start and typing Internet No in the start search box and IE no addons will show, then try your URL and links again.

Some websites are not geared to IE x64 as there is no Adobe Flash version as yet for X64 Browsers so try the non-64bit version of IE (just doenst have (64bit) in its name but you can check the version in IE by clicking Help > About)

What are all your security applications, like Antivirus, Anti Malware etc

3. SpartanWarrior

On IE 8 I am using the one without 64 bit, I did what you said but didn't do anything, as far as my security I am just using Avast and spyware blaster, thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Open up a command prompt (will have to be an elevated on for Win7, click start and type CMD into the start search box and then right click CMD and choose Run as Administrator) then type ipconfig /flushdns *do note the space between g and /* do it a few times to make sure, then try again.

Is it just this website that has this issue or do any others?
    If you go direct does it open http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ ?
    Do the other options on that main webpage like Daily News open up ok?

5. SpartanWarrior

Ok I don't understand, the link you provided works flawlessly, how come? thanks;)

6. SpartanWarrior

Oh well it worked fine the first time now it's doing it again, pretty strange if you ask me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds