Problem viewing web pages

Discussion in 'Software' started by beelzebubsharlot, Jul 17, 2007.

1. beelzebubsharlot

beelzebubsharlot Private E-2

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I have been having a problem with viewing all content on every web page I go to. The web pages only show text, but not the graphics. I've tried updating Internet Explorer, and even downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox. Firefox is now my default internet browser. Does anyone have an idea what may be causing the web pages to not pull up the graphics and only the text?

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Many thanks to whoever can help me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

In Firefox go to Tools> Options> Content and see if "Load Images Automatically" is checked.

In IE go to Tools> Internet Options> Advanced and scroll down to Multimedia and make sure "Show pictures" is checked.

3. beelzebubsharlot

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out.

4. beelzebubsharlot

load images automatically is already checked in Firefox, and show pictures is checked as well in IE.

Don't quite know what it could be. confused

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

If you right click on where the image should be and select View Image from the menu that appears, can you then see the image or not?

6. beelzebubsharlot

It's not the images themselves that is the problem. You can only see the text of the web page, but not the background images or avatars or anything extra.

This problem is perplexing.

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Can you upload a screen shot?

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What firewall are you using? Have you tried turning it off piror to browsing to see if it has any effect?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds