Problem w/sending attachments

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 95sprtcpedrvr, Apr 11, 2007.

1. 95sprtcpedrvr

95sprtcpedrvr Private E-2

A coworker using the Windows 2000 Professional SP4 is having difficulties sending .sat and other cad type files as attachments in his emails. We can take/pull the files directly off of his computer (via network) and send the files successfully from a different computer, mainly one that is using the Windows XP Professional without any problems.

I'm thinking it might be related to the O/S and I don't know where to start to try and find a remedy.

-John

2. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

What sort of difficulty is he having? Will it not add as an attachment? Is the message going through without the attachment? Is the message getting bounced back to sender?

It may be email filtration getting in the way...

Oh and what email programs do you use (incl versions)?

3. 95sprtcpedrvr

95sprtcpedrvr Private E-2

They are attached but when the recipient downloads and tries to open and an error comes up saying that the file path can not be found. I then double checked the location of the file and typed it in and it still gives me the same error.

He has tried using his email account assigned from work (Skycasters.com) and his Yahoo account. These are all web based email programs being used through IE 6.

The messages go through and the attachments don't seem to be complete. There is a file size difference of the downloaded file and the size indicated in the email.

4. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

Thats a weird one. Are you able to send other attachments without any issues? What if you ZIP the file first and then send it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds