Problem w/ touchpad & mousee - Toshiba Satellite Notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ocean, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ocean

ocean Private E-2

When I have the touchpad enabled the cursor jumps around the screen when I'm typing somthing causing me grief. It also has minimized the current browser I'm in, not always but has happened.

When I disable it and connect my Logitech wheel mouse (which I'v used for 2+ years) the problem disappears but I can't highlight/select things properly. For example, normally when I double click on a word it highlights but it doesn't do that anymore. Or when I try to select a a few words it selects the entire sentence or parts of it. I have to use the shift and arrow key. Also using the vertical scroll gives me a problem as well.

I downloaded and installed the current mouse drivers, changed the USB the mouse connects to...nothing. I'm using XP Home version (i've only used the pro version before).

http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=1&group=1&product=3150

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds