Problem w/ UT3 Demo

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I guess this could have gone to the Gaming forum.... I have downloaded the Unreal Tournament 3 demo (UT3) several times. Twice on a previous Windows XP install with different RAM and different video card, and twice on the current RAM and current video card. The CPU, mobo, and HD were the same each time. The first 2 times were on the same WinXP Pro SP2 install. I then reformatted and installed a clean XP Pro with clean drivers and have since tried twice more. Each time, I have rec'd the error in the shot below after the UT3 demo installs and I try to play... what's up???? I have run numerous malware scans and have been 100% clean each time. I have downloaded it on different PCs and burned to CD and installed from there. I have downloaded from different sources. What's the deal????

(I'm downloading it AGAIN as I type this from FileShack)

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate

Problem solved! Apparently this error is very common and a patched EXE was released but is no longer hosted by the developers so I had to track down an alternative source. Here's the info:

The game now runs perfectly and it's freakin AWESOME!!! I had never played UT3 until now, and I'm about to run out and buy it!!!

[dlb]

(the uninstaller doesn't seem to work though :confused I used Revo to uninstall it last night while I was messing around with this, and that worked fine)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds