Problem wid Bluetooth after XP reinstall(Acer 5550 laptop)

Discussion in 'Software' started by rahul09, May 14, 2009.

1. rahul09

rahul09 Private E-2

Hi,
    I have an Acer Aspire 5551 Laptop. Recently it was infected by a virus and I had to reinstall Windows XP SP2. After that i installed all drivers available for this model from the Acer site, and some empowering Tech utilities (framework and eSettings).But when i tried to install the driver for Bluetooth, it said "Device not found.Please check it is connected and turned on".So i tried to push the slider button on the front of the laptop, but the bluetooth didnt switch on. Before the reinstall, this was working fine.Similarly the slider button for wireless network is also not working.Then i tried to install USB driver for my LG phone, but again there was some problem. Though the LG sync software can detect the phone, but cant transfer files or anything. Once it gave some error message about some problem in COM port or some such thing.But i didnt understand it.I am wondering whether there is some basic motherboard driver which i did not install, which is causing all this ?I had already installed the chipset utility from the site.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    thanks and regards
    Rahul

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds