Problem with Asus/Amd Build.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biogenesis, Aug 30, 2012.

1. biogenesis

biogenesis Sergeant

I notticed the problem about a month ago, my computer would just randomly shut off like it was over heating. Id check the temps in bios at reboot then again after startup and again about 15 mins or more later and the temps were fine as were hardware health. No clue what was going on. Soon after that I turned my computer on one day and had no display so i checked all my cords and my video card to make sure it was secure; that wasn't the problem. I then hooked my monitor to another computer; it worked fine, still does. Still no display...I bought a cheapy video card from best buy and installed it..still no display, then i took my computer apart and gave it a good cleaning with a can of air; put it all back together and it fired right up, display working and all. Then Problem 2 was discovered, NO SOUND, no matter what i did I got no sound, uninstalled and reinstalled drives, tried all drivers on asus site new and old, tried several different sound settings, nothing worked, I even done a clean reformat and re install of windows; STILL NO SOUND. So I got a sound card; then I had sound. (Still cant get my origonal GFX card to work)

Something Ive notticed when I get no display,
    CPU led on board would be lit up solid (most of the time)
    Other times it would be the Ram led or the VGA led or Boot device led.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to RMA; but no clue what; or if they'll RMA my gfx card cause i accidently stuck my finger in one of the fans and broke two blades off and took the fan out.

Any ideas what the problem is and what i should do??

MOBO

Gfx card

PSU

CPU

Memory

HDD

Monitor

2. biogenesis

biogenesis Sergeant

3. biogenesis

biogenesis Sergeant

is this fourm dead? :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds