Problem with Boot Sector after Nero Crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grubenstein, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Grubenstein

Grubenstein Private E-2

Hi All,

Nero 7 crashed on my pc and I have the blue screen of death appear with the message "unmountable boot volume" and the usual 0x000007 etc etc..

I saearched on the support microsoft site for a solution and recommended using the recovery console on my Windows disk:

1. I type chkdsk /r to recover the boot sector, but it got to 32% and said that some files were unrecoverable.

2. I then used bootfix to repair the boot sector, bootfix said it found a corrupted boot sector and that it had successfully written a new sector.

But when I went to restart windows I get a message that there is an error loading the operating system.

Do I have to reinstall windows and will I lose my files on the Hard Drive in my pictures folder.

I am considering getting an additional hardrive, installing the windows directory on this drive and then copying the files from my un bootable harddrive onto this on.

Has anyone any ideas the above seems a bit extreme if there is an alternative I would be grateful for some assistance.

Regards

Grubenstein.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds