Problem with built-in webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hamilaci, Jun 6, 2010.

1. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

Dear All,

I have got an acer TM5520 notebook with built in webcam (no clue whether Suyin or Bison). Probably due to some software updates, I cannot use it anymore. I cannot find it among devices, no yellow question mark to review. I tried to uninstall and reinstall bloth drivers and programs from Acer support site. ALl I could get is that the webcam window started, but no picture and cannot click on any icon for something to happen.

Any idea on how to proceed? Your support is most welcome

2. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

Re: Trying to find out what Webcam I have

I am attaching a report for your convenience. Thanks again for your time to help.

Attached Files:

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. TheRealGEEK

TheRealGEEK Private First Class

Try to uninstall and reinstall the webcam drivers. Here is the driver website.

5. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

thanks, but there was no picture in that folder.

6. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

Thanks. I tried uninstall and install several times. I preferred to use the drivers from the original setup files, no success. Then I tried the same with drivers from Acer own website, no success. In both cases there are two types of drivers (Bison or Suyin) and so far I could not confirm which one is the real driver. Any further ideas are welcome.

7. TheRealGEEK

TheRealGEEK Private First Class

Try both.

8. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

I tried but none of them worked... Almost giving up

9. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

10. hamilaci

hamilaci Private E-2

I downgraded to previous VGA driver, but no success.
    There must be a solution, I do not want to install an external webcam...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds