Problem with Compaq Presario sr2011wm

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcman44, Apr 28, 2010.

1. pcman44

pcman44 Private E-2

I have a Compaq Presario sr2011wm and it has really been given me Lot's of headache and trouble's, the HD crashed and I ordered Twice the recovery disks from Compaq and had to speak with the India Idiots who sent me the wrong recovery disks both times, and I stayed on the phone for 3 days trying hard to make them understand but to no prevail, So I wiped the HD and installed Win XP Home Edition SP-3.. I would like to ask for your help in finding the driver/drivers for UNKNOWN DEVICE , in the device manager. I am really Not sure what it actually Is the Unknown device ? I hope you can help me in telling me what the unknown device Is and Where I can find and download the driver/drivers for this...... Thanks Again for ALL you do and the Support & Help You Provide ...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager on the unknown device, double click it to open properties and click the Details tab, then in the dropdown choose, Hardware Ids and copy and paste the information in the Value box in your next post.

But do you also have any yellow ! marks apart from that one in Device Manager, did you also install the Chipset Driver?

Do you see a Modem Driver listed in Device Manager as more often than not its that driver thats missing as most of use these days use HighSpeed Internet and not DialUp Modems, so could be the modem driver listed HERE but the Hardware Ids will help track this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds