Problem with Desktop Background and Windows Explorer Icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gojira_Kun, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Gojira_Kun

Gojira_Kun Private E-2

I am having a problem with my Windows Vista (Ultimate edition) desktop background that a lot of people seem to share. I can change the background if I select an image in Firefox or IE, and say "set as desktop background", but when I try to change the background through appearance and personalization, i can only use .bmp files, not .jpeg anymore.

I am also having a problem with the icons in my files in Windows Explorer. When I open a file, if it is set to display thumbails, they do not appear. If I click the view button back through the options until it comes around the thumbnails again, they will appear, but they will not show up automatically. I have tried changing the folder view options to only show icons, never thumbnails, but the same problem still exists--even the icons will not appear automatically as they used to.

Here are some screen caps of the problems posted above:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone could help me with this before I throw my computer out the window, that would be appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds