Problem with dual monitors (HDMI)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coltan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Coltan

Coltan Private E-2

Greetings !

Today I got a new monitor, and I have it plugged in with a hdmi cable, and an adapter since my card only has 1 hdmi output.

But when I tried to plug in my TV as my second monitor with a hdmi cable (no adapter) my monitor goes black and gives me the message "no hdmi signal"

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

My graphics card is a GTX570 and my drivers for it are up to date.

2. Coltan

Coltan Private E-2

I did a rollback on my graphics driver, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone know if this is the only way to get to work? or is there something else i can try to get it to work on with the newest drivers?

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Assuming you're running Windows 7, right-click on an open area of the desktop and click on "Screen Resolution" (you can also get to this thru CONTROL PANEL > DISPLAY). In addition to changing resolution, it gives you options on detecting, identifying and selecting monitor layout (same display on both screens or splitting the desktop between two or more screens).

If rolling back the driver solved the problem, don't sweat it. Just file this tip in case the problem comes back.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds