Problem with ge force4 MX 440 SE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ponnpooler777, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ponnpooler777

ponnpooler777 Private E-2

I have 633 protsessor, 320 MB memory, 64 mb video card and win XP but the films and visualations are sticking. I have updated my drivers and codeck packs. my monitor refrech rate is 85 (max). I don´t find any prob. but it still stikking. help please! :rolleyes:

2. izzugotom

izzugotom Private E-2

Have you got Direcx-9c ?

How does it fair running DXDIAG ?..Start-Run-dxdiag..run 3D tests also.
    I got gforce MX440 64 and found it run smooth after Direcx 9c installed.
    >Got 61.77 driver at moment.

Your specs:
    I think your processor & memory is a bit short!

3. ponnpooler777

driver is 66.93, and direcx -9c too. I run 3D test. still it sticking. explain, what is fair running DXDIAG? I don´t know enything about it. If I had win 98, then was everything ok, do you think I should put it back on (win 98 ).

4. ponnpooler777

finaly i understand what did you mean dxdiag. I did all the tests whit directx 9c. and there were no problems. can I install win 98 if I don´t want to unistall win xp?

5. izzugotom

izzugotom Private E-2

I don't want to advise you to go back to 98, cause I will never do it myself.

If you whatch the 3D blocks rolling during DXDIAG 3D tests, is it rolling 100% smooth or a bit sticky ?

**Your Grafics card has it's own BIOS. Is your BIOS fully upgraded ?

6. ponnpooler777

No the rolling was not 100% smooth, it was littlebit sticky. Can I do something so that it will be smooth ? I haven´t never uprgaded my bios, I did`nt`know it was possible, how can I do that?

7. ponnpooler777

No the rolling was not 100% smooth, it was littlebit sticky. Can I do something so that it will be smooth ? I haven´t never uprgaded my bios, I did`nt`know it was possible, how can I do that?

8. 50cal

50cal Private First Class

i dont think that the cpu will run XP very good if it runs it at all

what do you use this pc for

9. ponnpooler777

My xp is running good, no problem!
    even my ex 128 MB memy (2x64), integrated 4MB and sound gard and Intel Celeron 633 run xp, and the games like unreal tornamentI , didn´t sticking, but now when I have this Intel Celeron 633, 320MB memoy and my ge force 4 MX 440 SE even colin 2 is sticking! avd videos and visualations are like slaid show! WHY I use it for playing games like colin 2, surfing in internet and wathsing videos!!!

10. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

That system will run xp fine. You probably just need to disabel some of the extra eye candy.
    1.) Go into Control Panel and into Performance and Maintenence (If you are using the "classic" view skip to step 2).
    2.) Get into System and click on the Advanced tab.
    3.) Now click on Performance
    4.) Under your visual effects, select CHOOSE BEST PERFORMANCE.
    5.) This will undoubtedly increase your system performance by returning XP into Classic Style and getting rid of the fancy-shmancy fading menus, shadows and whatnot.

1.) right click on the start button click propterties.
    2.) then click on classic start menu

1.) control panel
    2.) folder options
    3.) under the general tab select use windows classic folders.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds