Problem With Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Software' started by Omarvic, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Omarvic

Omarvic Private E-2

i've been using chrome for a while now and i didn't like. It lags and freezes a lot and uses almost 80% of my pc memory. So i uninstalled via control panel but it didn't really work its still appears in the task manager with a high cpu and memory usage and even if i end its task it appears again in less than a sec . So if anyone here knows how to get rid of it forever please let me know.
    [​IMG]

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Understandably you first posted this in malware. Chrome isn't malware but it does look as if you may have other malware on your computer causing this problem of ridding yourself of it. (Chrome is often bundled with other software during install). Suggest you install, update and run MalwareBytesAntiMalware, if you don't already have it.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

dr.moriarty likes this.
  4. Omarvic

Omarvic Private E-2

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

In the Taskbar, right-click Google Chrome and close it.

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

The OP said this in his first post

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

End Process Tree? How many Chrome processes are running?

8. Omarvic

Omarvic Private E-2

usually 4 and when i try to end one of them they become 8 :/

9. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Use Process Explorer (run as Administrator) to Suspend each of the Chrome processes, once they're all done, use it to Kill Process or Kill Process Tree, on each of them.

Learn more about Process Explorer and some of the other Sysinternals tools at HTG.

StruldBrug and dr.moriarty like this.
  10. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Nope best way to uninstall some thing like this issue is to.Go into Safe mode.

Than uninstall it.There should be no Chrome processes running in safe mode.

Than clean out your temp folder.By typing %temp% and than searching in the folder %appdata% and removing any thing that has to deal with chrome.

Even though you uninstall it there are some files and folders still left be hind.

11. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Safe mode (without networking) would prevent Chrome from running.
    Then using Revo Uninstaller or GeekUninstaller would uninstall it and remove ALL leftover files and folders.

EDIT: My question is why Chrome is automatically running/starting up after a reboot, in Normal Startup mode?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  12. Anon-469e6fb48c

This sounds more like a virus than any thing.

Chrome should not be a Automatic process it should not have a service at all.

I know for a fact that firefox does not have a service in services.

This is why i stopped using windows 10.

13. dr.moriarty

I think everyone knows by now your dislike for Windows 10.

14. dr.moriarty

Wrong!
    Even if FF is not opened, (MozillaMaintenanceService) is running.

15. Anon-469e6fb48c

Not if you op out to remove it.

16. dr.moriarty

We are dealing with Default services, not custom configurations.

17. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Chrome always uses multiple processes by design.
    http://www.online-tech-tips.com/google-softwaretips/google-chrome-running-too-many-processes/
    http://www.howtogeek.com/124218/why-does-chrome-have-so-many-open-processes/

The Maintenance Service does not actually run until it's needed, and then it closes when it's job is done.

Although the maintenance service is installed by default, according to my tests, it is not Enabled by default.
    It can be Enabled or Disabled manually:
    Tools > Options > Advanced > Update: Use a background service to install updates

Even when the Option is Enabled, the service is set to Manual and is Not running.

Also, because it is installed as a separate program, it can be uninstalled like any other program.
    If the maintenance service is not installed or has been uninstalled, then the Advanced option is not even shown.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-mozilla-maintenance-service
    =

18. PCRacer

PCRacer Private E-2

Hi,

I would just like to add my two cents worth if I may.

When installing Google Chrome, it also adds a few things to your Windows system.

First,
    1. It installs two new Windows services, you may open the services window and view them there...

e.g. Google Update Service (gupdate) and Google Update Service (gupdatem). Simply set them to be disabled.

Secondly,
    2. Now in the Task Scheduler you will also find two Google items that are scheduled to run at different times, on startup and when triggered, once every hour. Simply delete these two schedules listed.

I guess when uninstalling Google Chrome, it simply removes Chrome.exe and not the update apps. Maybe thats why you still have multiple listings when starting your computer. It is the updates apps that are still running.

plodr and StruldBrug like this.
  19. dr.moriarty

@mjnc Thanks for the correction.

mjnc likes this.
  20. PaulDean

PaulDean Private E-2

I do not recommend Revo Uninstaller for some reasons. I am using Iobit Uninstaller instead.

21. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

For what reason is that?

dr.moriarty, plodr and Eldon like this.
  22. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

and those reasons are?
    I have Revo Uninstalled working on all my computers (currently 8 in our home) and I haven't had an issue with it on Windows 2k, XP and 7.

Ah, Kestrel had the same thoughts as me. If you don't like something, please give specifics as to problems you encountered with a program.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  23. Anon-469e6fb48c

Iobit uninstaller still pretty much does the same thing.

I think it makes revo less complicated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds