Problem with graphics card software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Geckoguy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Geckoguy

Geckoguy Private E-2

Hi yall.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

My screen has vertical yellow and blue lines (top to bottom), the device manager has switched off my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT) due to code 43 problem, my understanding of which means software problem.

I updated all the software to the newest versions and it started working fine, but it has been disabled again with the same problem.

Next I uninstalled the graphics card, resarted my computer and let it find and install it, again it worked fine for a while, but then the lines re-appeared and the graphics card was disabled code 43 again.

Now no matter what I try nothing works. Please help if anyone has any idea how to fix the problem, or even if anyone knows what the problem might be.

System is Acer aspire, Pentium D 925, 2 gig Ram, vista.

Thanks again for any help.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

What version of windows are you using and have you tried downloading the driver from the internet.

3. Geckoguy

Geckoguy Private E-2

Windows Vista sp2,
    Downloaded drivers from NVIDIA (even have NVIDIA GeForce experience) to see if that would help.

4. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I have just checked up on the error message you are getting and the error 43 code is not software issue but hardware so it looks like the problem is with the graphics card itself.

do you have access to another computer so you can test that card in it.

5. Geckoguy

Geckoguy Private E-2

Small hick-up, Disabled graphics card for removal, still have same problem on the screen, could the card still be effecting the computer even if disabled.

6. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

try disabling the card and remove any driver and software for that card take the card out and try it without and see if the problem carries on.

7. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

i've checked google for nvidia geforce 8600 gt code 43 and it seems to be a lot of geforce users (not al) lare having that hardware issue.
    here are a couple of links i found i don't know if they will help but you can always just look at them.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304639-33-nvidia-8500-code-issues
    http://www.fixya.com/support/t7224299-nvidia_geforce_8500_gt
    and i found a youtube video about that geforce code 43 that suggests a fried card :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA39zsT2ZbA

8. Geckoguy

Geckoguy Private E-2

OK,

Thanks for all the advice

Completeley removed card from PC, no more lines. So its definitely the card.
    Cleaned conections as suggested and reinstalled card, no luck.

Looks like my card is busted, so i'm back to using my integrated card (sis mirage 3). Thanks again for the help.

One final question though, where do I start a post on building new computers.

9. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

Sometimes people post new builds in the cooling and modding part of the forum. But not 100% sure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds