Problem with HP Laserjet 1018 on vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by komaj, Jan 15, 2008.

1. komaj

komaj Private E-2

Hi,

I have a very peculiar problem with my Laserjet 1018. When I try to print from vista, the first page always come out with dark stripes located on the right side of the paper. These stripes are always aligned with the texts that appear on the paper.

Even more peculiar, these stripes only appear on the first page only, not on the rest of the document. I also tried to print two copies of a first page and I got the stripes on both document.

I then tried to print the same document on XP and got no problem.

Anybody knows what is happening? :confused

Thanks.

2. candive

candive Corporal

Is the printer "Vista Compatible" ?

3. komaj

komaj Private E-2

Actually, since HP released a driver for Vista, I can assume that it is Vista compatible.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Does this line appear on the first page from every program you use? Notepad, Wordpad, Office, Print screen? I'm trying to figure out if it might be some obscure setting in a particular piece of software.

5. bfpower

bfpower Private E-2

To answer a previous post, this printer is Vista certified.

For all its certification, I can't even get it to install. How did you get the drivers loaded? Is there another driver that will work (I know that the LaserJet 5 driver will work with many printers).

6. komaj

komaj Private E-2

I finally managed to fix my problem. It seems that the file I was using to test the printer contain a corrupt figure which was causing all the problem.

Concerning the installation, I managed to install it by first unplugging the printer from the computer. Then, you run the driver installation program and you plug the printer whenever you are ask to do so by the installing software.

Other than that, I never had any problem installing the drivers.

7. Seco401

Seco401 Private E-2

My installation process says "new printer detected, please wait" and seems like it freezes there???? whats with that? I did what you did, waiting untill the prompt to plug it in.
    Steve

8. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Seco401,
    if you are having problems installing a printer you should start a new thread, this one is a year old, that way people will respond and help you rather than attempting to answer questions that are not related to your specific problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds