Problem with Malewarebytes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Richard_Reekie, May 4, 2009.

1. Richard_Reekie

Richard_Reekie Private E-2

Hi There
    I wonder if any you can help Me today I tried to update My malewarebytes when all of a sudden It came with an error saying
    error loading data base, line #88472 (0)

I uninstalled and reinstalled from Malewarebytes.org
    renamed it Mbam.exe
    and still it shows this up

my comp is a home computer xp
    it has avira anti virus pay/trial version for 30 days
    superantispy and mamutu by asquared as a real time guard
    as well i have spyware blaster as well

my firewall is online armour pro
    is this caused by a virus if so ill goto the maleware thread

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Have you tried renaming the executable itself?

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ rename mbam.exe to mb.exe and retry. Just for curiosity's sake have you also tried installing SAS (SUPERantispyware) to see if that gives you any trouble updating? How's everything else performing, are you able to successfully update your AV and windows updates?

If your PC is exhibiting other strange behaviour there are other tools that can be run, and we can dig deeper. (But in the malware removal forum) Also might just be a case of trying to update again and you might get lucky. Let us know either way.
    is you Firewall configured to allow MBAM? I assume so..

3. Richard_Reekie

I have no problem with downloading updates from Superantispy
    Going to have a go at Malebytes again I renamed the exe file to Mb.exe from Mbam.exe

before it down loaded perfectly and now it goes half way or not at all before showing the sign so

so yes the firewall is configured properly I presume

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Posted over you....I suggest you go to the malware forum and start the Read and Run First instructions and attach what logs you can get to a new thread you start in that forum.

5. Richard_Reekie

Thanks for the advice chaps the switch seemed to have worked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds