Problem with Media Player File Transfer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Helga, May 19, 2006.

1. Helga

Helga Private E-2

I recently received a Creative Zen Micro MP3 player which is supposedly compatible with Windows 98, which I have on my computer. However, the file transfer software which comes with the MP3 player is useless with Windows 98, and after calling Creative tech support apparently you have to use Windows Media Player to transfer MP3's. A few weeks back I transfered a few songs with no problems. Well I was attempting to transfer some songs tonight, and not only did I get an error message stating "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error.", but every song that I attempted to transfer was completely deleted from its folder!! :eek: Any ideas on 1) how to find where these MP3 files went, and 2) How to successfully transfer songs to my MP3 player (other than bucking up for Windows XP).

Thanks.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I would search the computer for MP3s. To do so, please do the following:

1. Right-click My Computer
    2. Select 'Search' (or find...can't recall w/ 98)
    3. Ensure it is set to search My Computer
    4. Search for '*.mp3' (without the quotes)

Windows will now locate every MP3 file on the computer. If you switch to detail view by right clicking in a blank space, expanding the 'View' submenu, and selecting 'Details', you will also get the location of the files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds