Problem with my Keyboard Driver in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmpinguel, Oct 4, 2007.

1. pmpinguel

pmpinguel Private E-2

Hi,

I have a problem when I'm entering into Safe Mode my keyboard is not functioning. The weird thing is this when I tried using an external mouse/keyboard it works.

When I'm in Normal Mode everythings okay. Only in Safe Mode I'm encountering this problem. Any idea guys. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

I look into Control Panel and see Keyboard it says in the Device Status:
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB

"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

I'm sure now that I'm having problem with my driver. I tried to uninstall the driver from the Device Manager and I go to Add Hardware (Control Panel). It detected the same device with a problem. Now, I need a driver or updated driver that I can install again to get my resolution.

Please help me and advice. Thanks in advance.

Br,
    Pete

2. fablanta

fablanta Private E-2

The problem still exists. I was unable to use either mousepad or keyboard on my HP Compaq 6710b under XP Pro SP2. HP online support was useless. I was asked 3 times for my OS (Operating System). I was even asked to uninstall SP-THREE then, when I corrected them, was asked to uninstall SP2 (installed from an SP2 installation disk, so impossible).

For those of you still struggling I found the cause and a solution. The Synoptics mousepad and the keyboard (with HP QLButtons) both share memory range 60 - 60 and 64 - 64 (possibly due to the Quick Lauch Buttons). The solution is to Rollback the driver on the keyboard to the Standard Microsoft 101/102-Key driver, both devices can then be used. Only problem is you will have to plug in a USB mouse to do it with if you can't boot normally.

Fablanta
    Paying it Forward.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds