Problem with my Logitech G5 mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LvingLgend, Aug 17, 2009.

1. LvingLgend

LvingLgend Private E-2

Recently my Logitech G5 mouse has been cutting in and out. I am running Windows XP 64bit and it has worked fine since installing a little over a year ago. What it has been doing is cutting in and out and I am getting the sound like my computer has found new hardware. When it does this it resets itself to the stock settings which I then put back to the setting I want which is one click down on the pointer speed. It seems to do this alot when im playing Call Of Duty or using my photo editing software, CS3 & 4 and Lightroom etc. etc. or if I pick the mouse up off the pad while moving. I have tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install with the latest logitech software as well as trying all 4 usb ports on my motherboard. My motherboard is an ASUS M2N-E SLI board and I believe it has the current software/bios for it. Any suggestions?? I also notice the java scipt icon also pops up in the system tray sometimes too when this happens. Thanx

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

That happened to me too. I thought it could be the cord going bad, so i opened it up and all looked ok. I ended up buying a new g5 though. you could be pretty sure its the mouse and not your computer causing the problems. i also tried it on my friends computer and same thing happened.

3. LvingLgend

LvingLgend Private E-2

It just seems weird that all of a sudden it would do this a little over a year from being new. Someone else also suggested the wire. I will try it on someone elses pc to see if it acts up. Thanx

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Yeah it sucks because theyre so expensive too. Love the G5 though. Ive been using one for a few years now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds