Problem with opening any file

Discussion in 'Software' started by avant, Apr 3, 2011.

1. avant

avant Private E-2

Hey there I recently got the 'Win 7 Total Security' virus and in an attempt to stop it from further corrupting my computer I tried to end the process tree for the virus which took the form of a 'gll.exe' in my task manager and also denied it any and all access under the securities tab. although it did stop the virus from popping up every 5 seconds, it also stopped me from running any and all applications. everytime i attempt to open any sort of .exe file i get this

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.'

Under the securities tab all the applications and programs i'm trying to open have full access but still will not open for some reason. Now I can't even find the damn gll.exe file to try and restore it.

Help. Please....

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try doing the exe fix Here.

3. avant

avant Private E-2

OMG it worked! thanks so much!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds