Problem with page displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stbernards, Oct 9, 2010.

1. stbernards

stbernards Private E-2

I am having problems when I try to link to another page. I first noticed when I was on facebook and clicked on the Family Feud application. I have played that for months and then all of a sudden the page wouldn't come up. Message said Internet Explorer can not display the page. I blew it off because I thought it was a Family Feud problem. I kept getting it and tried my laptop, using the same DSL connection. I got the same message. I took my laptop to work and opened it using my works connection and I was able to open everything, no problems.
    I called my DSL provider, Frontier (use to be Verizon) and they told me to buy a new DSL modem. What do you think?
    I also ran the dsm and it should the autoconfig IP as 169.254.... I know this isn't what it should be but I am not sure why it would happen on two separate computers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds