Problem with PC WIZARD crash computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gargoyle_xlvii, Sep 9, 2008.

1. gargoyle_xlvii

gargoyle_xlvii Private E-2

I needed to check the temperature of my cpu so I downloaded the program and installed it.
    Pc Wizard

It seem to work fine but then I click on the expander for the window and it crashed the computer. When I mean crash the computer completely froze up I could get no response from it at all. Even Alt Crtl In would not work.

This type of crash occurred 3 more time with different circumstances.

The computer is a home built.
    ECS Mb P4vmxs Ver 1.0
    1.7 GHz P4
    512 Mb Ram
    WinXp Pro Sp2

The program seems to work. However I am not sure of something, is the cpu temperatures reported real time or a snap shot.

The reason I ask is because I was watching a DIXV video and the processor was running at 60% usage however I did not see an increase in temperature until I refreshed the program. That is why I as the question "real time or Snap shot"

Also any idea as to why it might cause the freezing?
    :>

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

PC Wizard seems to freeze while it is reading RAM, but it should be only a few seconds reading 512MB.
    How long did you wait, before clicking on it?
    You might try uninstalling it, run CCleaner (Cleaner and Registry Tools both), and then re-installing agan.
    My wife had the same problem in the past and this worked for her.

If you want a good quick temp reader, give HWMonitor_Pro a try. It gives high, low and actual (now) temps.

3. gargoyle_xlvii

gargoyle_xlvii Private E-2

Thanks musksnipe,

The freezes occurred after the software did its analysis. I was on the temperature page and need to expand the information window so I could see the information below the current pane.

The link you supplied is a deadlink. That's ok these things happen.

Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds