problem with recovery console after set-up and rep.window XP Pro SP2

Discussion in 'Software' started by René Jongen, Apr 11, 2008.

1. René Jongen

René Jongen Private E-2

hi there, i had my xp pro sp2 set aside because it became too slow for more workload, about 1 year ago. it was still working. now i wanted to revive it again and it didnt beep and only after numerous starts and shut down i got a beep and it went on up till the xp screen without loading the program it restarted again. altough i have the productkeys i dont have a set-up cd-rom. so i did a set-up with 6 floppys and r typed chkdsk but it could not find the files. then i did fixboot restarted and indeed now it started loading and i could see the programs, but only for a minute or so and then it began to restart again. since i dont know much about recovery console i am a bit scary to try more things because after reading further about the commands i saw you can mess up things by doiing something wrong. would anybody be willing to help me out on this one ??? René.

2. irishbear

irishbear Private E-2

If you don't have a CD then you will not be able to run recovery console, unless you installed it as a startup option, much the same as two different O/S. If you could lay your hands on a CD from a friend you could do a reistall using it, and change his key to your own as soon as it is up and running, it has to be the same type of CD. EX. OEM or retail. Otherwise you will not be able to change the key.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

irishbear, check the date. I suspect the OP found a solution since April of last year.

4. irishbear

irishbear Private E-2

Yea missed that part rolleyes

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds