Problem with sound driver for old Gateway computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by EAB, Aug 7, 2009.

1. EAB

EAB Private E-2

I've gone through a bunch of the forums here trying to figure out how to fix my sound driver problem, but after two days I still can't do it. I've attached the Report. Please help. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

i think your having the same problem as i am did you see my thread yet? i got same computer as you and stuff

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

First, download and install your chipset drivers from this link, restart the PC when prompted. Then download and install your audio drivers from this link. Again, restart the PC when the install is done.

That should do it! Let us know how it goes.... if you have questions or problems, just post and we'll do our best!
    :-D

4. EAB

EAB Private E-2

I did what you told me to do, but a window came up and said "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." after reaching 100% on the installation of the sound driver. So I did what it said and the same thing happened. What should I do now?

5. EAB

EAB Private E-2

I did what you told me to do, but a window came up and said "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." after reaching 100% on the installation of the sound driver. So I did what it said and the same thing happened. What should I do now?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Hmmmm.... very strange. If you have any currently installed sound drivers, uninstall them. Then try using the sound driver I linked to above. If it doesn't work, uninstall it if possible, then try this driver from Gateway. If it doesn't work, then check your BIOS and make sure the on-board audio is enabled. You could also try the steps outlined in this thread. Be sure to install TUGzip as described and use it to extract the sound driver before installing.

If you have other questions, problems, whatever, please post and we'll do our best.
    :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds