Problem with SpyBot, help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by caneaddict, Apr 10, 2005.

1. caneaddict

caneaddict Private E-2

So I used the immunization option in SpyBot. I must have chosen some option that limits access to "internet options" because now in Internet Explorer, when I click "tools" and then "internet options" it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." What do I do to be able to use "intenet options" again?

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Switch Mode from Default to Advanced. Go to Tools -> IE Tweaks, and uncheck "Lock IE Control Panel against opening from within IE".

3. caneaddict

caneaddict Private E-2

Thanks Doug-
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with computers. Could you be a bit more specific. Where do I switch the mode? Under Tools, I don't see IE Tweaks as an option?

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Open spybot then at the top of the window next to file is mode click on that.

Ha, easy Huh!

5. caneaddict

caneaddict Private E-2

I feel like an idiot. I still can't find "mode".

When I open SpyBot, here is what I see:
    Top left - "File" "Languages" "Help"
    Under File - the options are "check for problems" "uninstall" and "exit"
    Below that is a magnifying glass and it says "SpyBot S & D" clicking on that does nothing.

Below that are the five options:
    Search And Destroy
    Recovery
    Immunize
    Update
    Donations

I can't find anywhere to change the mode.

Thank you so much for the help. I'm grateful a site like this exists.

6. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Mode should be immediately to the right of File in the top menu. Click on Help, and then About. What version are you running?

7. caneaddict

caneaddict Private E-2

Version 1.2.

It's not to the right of "file"

8. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

You need to upgrade to the latest, version 1.3. Version 1.2 should not even be updating anymore. Although, if I remember correctly, in 1.2, the option to turn off IE Tools Options locking is viewable by scrolling all the way down in the Immunization screen.

9. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Humm?
    Start/Programs/spybot, is advanced there?

Here's newest version, I'd update to it, advanced will be where I said:
    http://majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

10. caneaddict

caneaddict Private E-2

Thanks so much guys. I updated SpyBot using the link provided by ASUS and then followed Doug's steps. Worked great!

Thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds