Problem with The Sims:Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Software' started by BluesMan, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

game installs fine. put in cd1 and autorun brings up main game window. I choose play sims 800x600. then I get a window that says "cannot locate CD-ROM" "Please eject and reinsert cd and press ok. then restart application"

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

As you own the game, you can legaly use a no CD crack. jus a thought.

3. BluesMan

if there was one, I would use it. Doesn't seem to be one for this game

4. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

It might be that your computer doesn't meet the system requirements for the game. I just bought Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition and I'm having the same problem. I looked at the system requirements and it turns out my computer doesn't meet them. I need at least 500mhz to play but I've only got 450mhz and I don't think my video card is powerful enough.

I'm going to try and install the game on this computer (brand new, should meet requirements). I'll let you know if it works. If it doesn't I'm going to be mad.:mad:

5. BluesMan

two different systems I have tried to play the game on

desktop
    P4 2.0ghz
    1024mb ram
    winxp pro
    80gb drive
    DVD rom
    Plextor burner
    mx400 64mb video

laptop
    p4.1.6 ghz
    64mb radeon 7500
    winxp pro
    40 gig drive
    512mb ram
    blah blah blah

6. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

That's odd.:confused:

I haven't tried installing my game on this computer yet. I will do it tonight for sure and post what happens.

7. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Sim City 4 works on this computer (my Dell). I'm certain that it didn't work on my other one because it didn't meet the system reaquirements for the game.

Before installing the game I glanced at the readme file and it said that Sim City 4 is not compatible with EVERY kind of hardware. If I had a video card that met the technical requirement but was not the right BRAND of video card, then it would not run.

It sounds rediculous, but it was something stupid like that.

Your computers are obviously powerful enough.

Oh! I almost forgot! When installing it the first time, along with that message about not locating the CD-ROM, it said that I didn't have enough virtual memory. I don't really know anything about virtual memory or how to change it. Maybe if I raised it I could play it.

Did your installation say anything about virtual memory?

8. BluesMan

nah it just says it can't find the cd after it autoruns and brings up the freakin' game menu

9. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Ok, now I'm pissed!!!!!!!:mad:

I get that same damned "Can't locate CD" crap that you are getting!

It worked fine when I installed the thing. Now I can't play at all!

I'm going to one of the Maxis websites to ask why the piece of shit game won't work!

If I find anything usefull out I'll let you know BluesMan.

:mad: :mad:

10. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

try running the game without autorun on.
    also update the sims to version 1.4 or whatever it is at nowadays :)

11. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

I got a reply from EA Games saying that it is a common problem that some of their Sim game CD's don't recognize the CD drive properly and that is why the error message appears.

I was told to do a bunch of things to try and fix the problem and of course they didn't work. The last resort was to send the game, by mail, to the company to receive a new game. Of course I'd have to pay for the shipping.

I'm not going to do that. I'm going to where I bought the damn thing and demanding another copy of the game!

12. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finaly got the thing to work!

I have to play the game off CD # 2. I feel so stupid. I didn't think I needed to play it off CD # 2 because every time I put in CD # 2 nothing happened. When I put in CD # 1 I got the BluesMan's error message. I was fooled into thinking that I had to use CD # 1 because something actually did happen and because it said play.

OK BluesMan, this should work for you to.

Put CD # 2 into your CD drive. Go to Start Menu, Program Files, Maxis, and click on The Sims Deluxe (or whatever it's called).

You should be able to play the game. It's as easy as that. :)

I feel so stupid.:mad: :D

13. BluesMan

If I get a chance I will give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

14. Jon_Paul_Menthor

Jon_Paul_Menthor Private E-2

I've tried Colonel's way to make Sims Deluxe work, but the error comes up again. Colonel I hope you can tell me how to make it work, or BluesMan, I wanna know if that worked in your PC

15. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Welcome to MajorGeeks.

This thread is years old. Please start a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds