Problem with wininet.dll can't run applications.

Discussion in 'Software' started by devilishia, Sep 29, 2006.

1. devilishia

devilishia Private E-2

Hi,

Spec:
    Intel PIV 1.2G
    1G RAM
    200G ata HD
    180G HD IDE
    DVD r/w
    Floppy 1.2
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    IE 6 / Firefox
    kaspersky Internet 6.0

I am a newbie here and i need huge help please. A few days ago I found out I cannot run almost any applications, I received the following error message:
    " The procedure entry pint InternetGetSecurityinfoByURLW" could not be located in the dynamic link library WININET.dll".

I search the web and apperantly this is common tu IE 7 instalations. The thing is that I dont use IE (I have it for my family) I use Firefox. I went to see if by any chance they install IE 7 and I still have IE6 version. But everytime I tried to run msn messenger and some other programs I received this error.

I tried to download this dll from the internet and copy it to system32 but I couldnt copy it, it just dont let me.

I have The BAT when i click on any web link in the mail that points to a link, I have the same error :(. In Incredimail I can't see my mails not even when I am making one because there is a grey window where I should see the mail and write the mail.

I really dont know what to do and I dont want to reinstall my pc..

Please! any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Rose

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds