Problems after backup restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by rmruk, Jul 4, 2006.

1. rmruk

rmruk Private E-2

Here's a problem that I did not count on. I just bought and installed a new hard drive (my old one was giving me warning signs). I used Acronis back up software to make an image and restored that image to the new drive (Acronis is a sweet bit of software... I had NO problems).

But here's the thing. I have the entire Adobe CE suite installed (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat 7.0, inDesign, etc... Every program is telling me that I have to Activate the software. I cannot activate online nor do the activation numbers that I originally used when I installed the programs work! The same condition exists with Roxio 7!

What happened here... And what do I do?

Any advice is appreciated!!!!!

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Delete all them programs, reinstall, put in original serial numbers and you should be good to go.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Agreed. I've been imaging computers alot lately, and I have found that some software's anti-piracy measures will even prevent you from imaging. Its lame, but re-install and you should be alright.

4. rmruk

rmruk Private E-2

It worked! No problems.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds