Problems converting bin/cue file to xvid

Discussion in 'Software' started by nssunset, Apr 21, 2008.

1. nssunset

nssunset Private E-2

Hi,

I am having trouble finding compatible software to convert a bin movie file with a cue attachment to a xvid or movie format. Have MagicISO; however, doesn't seem to do the trick?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

nssunset

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

3. nssunset

nssunset Private E-2

Hi Joelsz,

Thanks so much will try it out...Thought that MagicISO would do it; however, just converted into iso file....no other options besides nrg ...

Thanks!

nssunset

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I've never used MagicISO so I can't help you there.
    Good luck with the VCDGEAR.
    I think you will find it very useful.

5. nssunset

nssunset Private E-2

Hi,

OOPS! Think I deleted that file in error...only can find .iso file?????

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You should be able to open the .iso in MagicIso and Extract back to bin and cue files.

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

As emntioned above, vcdgear will extract an MPEG video file from the .bin/.cue files. You can then run the MPEG through Dr. Divx to convert it to an XVid/Divx compatible video. Here's a quick how-to with screen shots:
    1. Launch VCDGear and click the vcdgear button (in the red box in the screen shot)
    2. Select cue/bin -> mpeg from the drop down menu (in the green box)
    3. Click Load and browse to the folder where your .bin/.cue files are located (in the blue box). By default, VCDgear saves the extracted mpeg in the same folder as the .bin/.cue files so be sure to create a new folder or change the location if desired.
    4. Click Start and let it do its thing (the pruple box). It shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
    NOTE: you will most likely get an error message like the one in the 2nd screenshot below. Don't Worry! I have rec'd this error message EVERY time I have used VCDGear to extract an mpeg and it has worked perfectly EVERY time I've used it, so it's normal and OK.
    You can then run the resulting .mpeg video through your favorite converter; I use Dr. Divx. It's easy to use, you can set custom file sizes (in most cases I use 700mb so it will fit on 1 CD), it's fairly quick, and best of all, it's FREE!!! :D
    Here's a link for Dr. Divx http://www.majorgeeks.com/Dr._DivX_d5208.html

I hope this helps! Good luck!
    :major
    [dlb]

(if you need a free app that will burn .bin/.cue images, try AShampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE, available here at Major Geeks in the Back Up downloads section; Nero will burn 'em too)

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds