Problems copying photos to a DVD-R

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ford01, Aug 27, 2006.

1. ford01

ford01 Private E-2

Hello,
    This is my first time posting so bear with me. I recently loaded about 600 pictures to my computer off a 1 gb flash drive in hopes to make copies on cd's to give to people.

I was told to use DVD-R's because they have the capability to hold more info. than the cd-r. My problem is that when i try to send them to the E: Drive on my computer i get the message " Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this folder. What do you want windows to do?"

I was under the assumption that my computer was capable of doing this but I might be wrong. Here are my specs:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 - 3.06GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache

Optical Drive - DVD +/-RW 16x Double Layer, Multiformat Drive

Hard Drive - 200 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive with 8 MB cache

8-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader

I would appreciate any help anyone can throw my way. Thanks

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Well your pc and burner is surely up to the task, i think you need a burner program like Nero, Sonic, I dont think windows will burn dvd's, it will burn cd's. You can get trial versions at these burner programs websites. ed

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

4. ford01

ford01 Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure how different the cd-r and dvd-r were from eachother. I'm going to try Nero and see how that works.

5. ford01

ford01 Private E-2

Played around with Nero for awhile and finally made some progress. Thanks again for the help.

6. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I think after you play with it for awhile you will get it figured out, Good Luck. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds