Problems downloading SP2 for XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by BrokenArrows, Feb 2, 2005.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Hey over the past few days i have been trying to get SP2 but the installer keeps downloading 75% of the download and then going to the install bit.

Then the windows installer tells me that more files are needed to complete the installation and that i have to download the update again. But everything i download it it does the same thing. Is there anywhere that i can download a standalone exe to install SP2.

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

I'm not sure about over there but for North America they will ship you a copy for free including postage.
    I found it humorous that they advised me to pass it around to my friends after I loaded it.

4. DavidGP

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

is the sp2 file really that big??? i thought it was only like 100mb???

oh well shows how much i know, also the cd for me took about a week to come too, but hey just depends on the post i guess.

6. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

The 270mb download is for IT Professionals and Developers. There does not seem to be a file available for the normal SP2. The normal version is <100MB.

7. DavidGP

Only thought the cut down "normal" version was if you get it off WU?

The "normal" version of SP2 is ok I exagerated a bit with 270mb is actually 266mb and the version I linked to is the same one thats on the Free Sp2 CD.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds