Problems finding drivers for acer aspire 5100

Discussion in 'Software' started by bamaboy, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

I bought a computer that had everything wiped out to nothing but c:/ boot. Where do I find the drivers for ethernet controller, pci flash memory,vga,pci device and smbus controller? I installed windows xp pro but I need these drivers.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It appears that Acer does not support XP on that notebook as it was originally sold with Vista, so the Acer site was of little help. Please attach an Everest report to a future post and we'll from there...
    Just for fun I checked the links above.... apparently this guy is trying to generate traffic to Driver Detective which is a paid service for driver installation. Personally, I think it's borderline malware and paying for something you can do for free is ridiculous, but that's my opinion. Plus, the Aspire 5100 isn't even listed at the links above... hopefully an admin or moderator will ban this joker named "driversdownload" soon. roflmao

3. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

Not trying to sound rude or stupid but I can't run everest report cause I can't even get on the internet with the acer.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Can you download it and burn it on a CD from the computer you are posting on and install it on the Acer?

5. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

Yes I can. I think I have the driver problem solved but now when i try to connect the internet via wireless it says it can not renew ip address. How do I fix this?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Control Panel > Network Connections; right click the connection you're having problems with and select Properties; highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties and make sure you don't have anything entered in the IP address boxes and make sure everything is set for "obtain IP address automatically" (see screen shot below). If you need to make changes, restart the PC after making the changes. If everything already looks like it does in the screen shot, you should probably try to re-install the TCP/IP protocol.
    Let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

Attached Files:

7. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

When I try this INPROCOMM 802.1x supplicant pops up in the Network Protocol box and says the driver is not digitally signed. Does this mean I have the wrong driver or the wrong program for this feature? Of the manufacturer is microsoft.

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It does appear that the INPROCOMM driver is wrong. The Aspire 5100 has onboard wifi using either a BroadCom chip or Atheros chip. Once again, please attach an Everest report as I suggested above. It will help us determine which drivers are installed for which devices, and if the drivers are the correct versions for your laptop.

9. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

I have resolved the driver problems. Thanks to all who replied.

10. goether

goether Private E-2

bamaboy,

I have the same problems on my Aspire 5100-3357 with Win XP Pro + SP3. Can you please provide the souce of the drivers you located?

Thank you in advance

11. bamaboy

bamaboy Private E-2

12. jhub

jhub Private E-2

For those who are trying to download drivers from Acer and have experienced problems, try using the next model number for drivers, did it and everything is working fine. I had a Acer 4420 and used graphic and wireless drivers from the 4430, just to let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds