Problems installing direct x 9 on my laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by volmanal, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

Hello,
    I am having this wierd problem when trying to install Direct x 9 on my laptop. First my specs for it is:

Base,Notebook,Inspiron 5100, 14.1 inch,533,2.8GHz,XGA
    Modular,Software,WXPPSP1, English,Inspiron,Dell AmericasOrganization
    Module,Dual In-Line Memory, 512,266MHz,256X2,Abacus
    Module,Hard Drive,40GB,5.4K Small Form Factor,IBM Moraga Abacus
    Module,Card,Graphic,32MEGB,ATI5100
    Module,Liquid Crystal Display,14,XGA,Samsung,BCOM,5100
    Module,Information,Modem,56K, Modem Daughter Card,Abacus
    Module,Card,MPCI,TR1400, US,8500
    Module,Information,Internal Network Interface Card,Abacus
    Module,Digital Video Drive+ Read Write,4X,NEC,Abacus,V2
    Module,Software,Wordperfect Productivity STE11,English, Inspiron
    Modular-Service Charge, Software,Windows XP, Inspiron 5100
    Module,Software,Cyberlink, 4.014H

When I go to install Direct x it will give me the software has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatability with windows xp error. So I click on OK then I get an error that says Directx did not copy a required file.

I have to use direct x9 because of the games and nero suite I use requires it.
    Anyone else run into this problem? All Help is appriciated!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

did you download this from Microsoft?

3. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

Well, first when I was setting up my laptop I used the version that was reccomended when I got all of the available updates. Second I tried to install the version that was included in my nero software. And then tried Robo's link, they all do the same thing. Now after I updated my PC from microshaft I went to Blackvipers site and used his win xp pro tweaks. I also disabled all the services in his list for "safe" services. http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm I don't think it has anything to do with it but just some info.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  4. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

I thought about fdisking and installing a clean version on xp. My thoughts are service pack 2 is about to come out will this affect me installing it? I hate all this junk that is on here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds