Problems installing Frontpage 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by blakemc, Feb 13, 2005.

1. blakemc

blakemc Private E-2

Hi,

I am trying to install Frontpage 2003 and keep receiving an error message that F2561406.CAB cannot be found. I do a search on my installation CD and the file exists. Has anyone ever ran into this and if so, is there a work-around? I've even tried copy the files to my HD and trying the install from there and I still get the same error.

Thanks,
    Blake

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

1) First, lets try to clean the CD with a soft cloth. Remember to clean in a circular motion not up & down as this can scratch the disk. After you have cleaned the disk re-insert it and try setup once more.

2) If the 1st step did not work, then lets move on to something else. Now lets try to copy the contents from the disk to the HDD. First make sure you have "view hidden files and folders" enabled so you will get all files/folders copied. Now, copy the entire disk to a folder on your desktop. Now try setup again and see if problem is resolved. If not then please procede to next step. Please note that if prompted for the .cab, try browsing and telling windows installer where the file(s) are located.

3) If installation is still unsuccessful then please contact Microsoft so that you can get a new disk. Please see the link below for more information.

Microsoft Support for Missing, Damaged, or Lost Disk

NOTE: This is usually caused by a bad disk. If possible try locating a new disk.

3. blakemc

blakemc Private E-2

I have already tried all 3 steps and still no luck....thanks anyway!

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

The only other suggestion I can give you other than contacting Microsoft for a new disk is to copy the disk with a program like Nero or NTI and burn a new disk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds