Problems installing oblivion??

Discussion in 'Software' started by matty094, Jun 13, 2010.

1. matty094

matty094 Private E-2

Hi
    I have recently got the game Oblivion and when I insert it into the drive at first the computer didnt recongnise the disk and nothing happened but after abit of messing about the computer started to say the the file is corrupted or unreadable.I am using windows XP and meet all system requirements ..
    Anyone help ??

2. ScoobySnack

ScoobySnack Private First Class

Are you using the original disk or trying to install from a copy?

Have you tried other discs to see if your drive can read them?

If it's an original disc and your drive can read other discs, take Oblivion back to the retailer and swap for another set. If the disc is a copy, you probably made a bad copy from your original; make certain your original works and reburn. If your drive can't read other discs either, your drive is the culprit and it's time to look for a new one.

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

+1 for Scooby's comment.
    Sounds like disc error, I've installed the game on XP many times from both genuine and copies and never had a problem, this includes various versions like GOTY and standard.

The only real problem with Oblivion can sometimes be when it installs is it will give you the dreaded "Purple Ground" , there are several simple fixes for this though and a 2 minute search of google will present them all :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds