Problems Installing Xp-pro On Km2m Combo-l System

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toney, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Toney

Toney Private E-2

RE:pROBLEMS INSTALLING XP-PRO ON KM2M COMBO-L SYSTEM

I have the upgrasde ver of xp-pro and after installing win98, the system doesn't allow me to install xp.

Here's the system: MSI km2m Combo-L ms-6738 ver1.0 board with Athlon xp 2400+ cpu; VIA ProSavageDDR km266 and VIA vt8235 chipset; Award BIOS v6.00PG W6738VMS V.1.3 041803; 2-512mb ddr memory;

Here's what i've done: used multible hard drives, and cd/ dvd roms, also xp-pros, and i still can't get xp to install. I used the same format thereafter on 2 P-III systems and no problems with installation. So the problems are not the xp disks, hard drivers or cd/dvd roms, even rest the bios, and disable some features so there would be not conflicks and reset again nothing works, so i don't know what to do.

The system will load win98 up and runing, but not xp, is their any thing i can do, to install xp, and by the way i have 2 of these type of systems, and the same thing happen to the both.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds