problems loading websites

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mitzie, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mitzie

Mitzie Private E-2

hya everyone a friend sent me the link to this forum in the hope someone can help me

there seems to be problems with my computer which stems back to getting a newer IE

firstly I cannot install windows updates they just keep failing the comp reboots then I get the message updates where not configured reverting changes this has been happening for about 2 months now.

secondly for about a week now pages are slow to load using IE or Firefox manytimes the page just doesnt load at all

I have Norton security and everything is fine
    run malaware all is ok
    done a defrag
    done CC cleaner
    cleared browsing history temp files and cookies
    sytem restore also failed
    disc clean up

I have a HP Compaq using windows vista the comp is 4 years old and normally runs fine and is normally fast at loading my programmes

I ran a hijack this and removed a couple of items such as a pando toolbar and some skype stuff

I really am at a loss as to whats making my computer slow at loading to the point it just wont load at all.

thank you

Mitzie

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Were you using that computer when you visited this forum, created your forum account, and typed your question?

Is this a laptop or desktop? Please tell us more about its specs. Processor? RAM? Graphics card? How large is the hard drive? How full in the hard drive? Do you know the wattage capacity of the power supply in your computer?

Do you have any software installed that will tell you the temperatures of your CPU and other components? How long since you've cleaned the computer on the inside? Did you make any major software or hardware changes around the time this problem started?

Other than Internet usage, is the computer performing normal? How do you connect to the Internet, DLS, cable, or other? Do you use a router?

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi mate , welcome to MG :major

Give us the model of your machine , this help you

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=e&docname=bph07555&lc=en#N50

Follow these steps :

Start
    Run msconfig
    Start up tab ( unckeck boxes of the programmes which run during first boot )
    Apply
    Ok

windows will ask you to restart
    Restarting your machine is necessary

after that your machine will be quicker , look to a similiar thread !! :wave

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=245381

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Then what? Are you just going to leave him with all the programs appearing in the msconfig panel disabled? That's not good advice. msconfig, i.e. the System Configuration utility, is intended mainly for use as a diagnostic too, not for permanent disabling of programs from startup.

So, the way it can be used here for diagnostic purposes is to disable all programs and then enable programs one-at-a-time with a restart of the computer and testing of web browsing performance. Continue this process until all programs have been re-enabled in the selective startup panel of the System Configuration utility or until the problem with web browsing resumes, indicating that the last program enabled is the culprit.

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Ok mate , i am really sorry !! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds