Problems reinstalling Kodak ESP3250 AiO Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SandmanUK, Jan 19, 2010.

1. SandmanUK

SandmanUK Private E-2

I recently bought a Kodak ESP3250 all-in-one printer. Using the supplied Installation Disk, I successfully installed the printer and have used it to print, scan and copy without any problems.

Following an unconnected problem caused by an Automatic Windows Update, I had to carry out a systems restore to before when I originally installed the Printer. I've then tried to re-install the printer, both using the original installation disk supplied with the printer, and also using the updated installation package on the Kodak web site. Neither will allow me to install the printer - there are messages relating to "rollback", and "invalidated home centre", before I'm told that the installation has failed and that I must try to re-install again - I've tried this a number of times without any success.

I’m running Windows XP, with free AVG anti-virus and free Zone-Alarm firewall.

My anti-virus software was running when I originally successfully installed my printer before I needed to carry out a system restore, however, following Kodak’s advice I turned the anti-virus and firewall off and tried to re-install, but had exactly the same problems as before.

I used the installation disk that came with the printer. My printer remains switched off and unconnected according to the instructions - I need to download and install the Kodak Home Centre first.

The disk installs the Bonjour Service and Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0, then goes to Step 4 Installation. A box opens entitled Kodak Printer installer, with the message that "Installer is preparing for Installation". It then validates all the files.

Another box then opens, AiO Printer Software, with an advertising video running below a clear bar that slowly fills with green boxes - this box gets to about one-eighth full, then another box opens that says "Installation was unsuccessful. Please install again".

Before trying any re-installation, I've used the Kodak Clear Utility for AiO Printers from Kodak’s website, following the instructions to the letter.

There are no problems with the printer as this ran perfectly well when it was installed before I had to carry out the System Restore - the problem would seem to be with the installation software and possibly any remnants that the original installation left on my PC before the system restore.

I've also downloaded and ran the updated installation software from Kodak’s website. This has also proved unsuccessful. This too goes to Step 4 Kodak Printer Software, then Printer is Preparing for Installation, where it validates all the files. It then starts a process called "Pre-requiste Components is currently being installed" - whilst it goes through this process, it invalidates all the files, then opens the box that says "Installation was unsuccessful. Please install again"

I must have gone through all these processes about 15 times since my system restore. Am I now stuck with a printer that I can't use?

Hope you can help - I'm a silver-haired noobie, so please take that into account if you reply :-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds