Problems Saving Favorites

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bigdogger, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Bigdogger

Bigdogger Private E-2

I keep getting the same thing but in "XP".

The microsoft site gets you to download a hotfix but it doesn't seem to help. The thing is the "web" part in the properties box disappears, making the shortcut useless. Microsoft says it happens when the info isn't loaded properly, but the shortcuts will work for awhile and then"pppssssttt!" They lose the url in the properties. Microsoft is not being very helpful.. didn't have this problem with IE7, so I'm thinking its IE8 that's screwing things up.

Anybody???

Thanks so much, and have a great one!

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Re: Problems saving Favourites

Found this;

1. Open an admin command prompt
    2. navigate to the directory containing your favorites folder (C:\Users\username, unless you have moved it)
    3. Execute this command:

icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (oi)(ci)low

You should get a confirmation message saying "processed file: favorites" (and then another line saying something like 1 file processed successfully, 0 files unsuccessfully)

Also found some reference to IE running in protected mode, except I have Vista and IE is running in protected mode and I have no probs with favorites.

Also, what happens when you navigate there in explorer, right click, properties, then look at security settings. You as user should have full control, else you can edit to give you these.:wave

3. Bigdogger

Bigdogger Private E-2

Re: Problems saving Favourites

Thanks for your suggestion...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds