Problems streaming movies to xbox 360

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grimmer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

I have two routers set up on my home network, when I am connected to the same router the xbox is connected to I have no problems streaming movies from my desktop. Now I connected a second router so I can connect my desktop and bluray player in my bedroom to the internet. Everything works fine except I can no longer stream movies from my desktop to my xbox anymore. How do I set this up so it will work?

Both routers are set to dhcp, no pcs or devices have static ips.

Attached is a diagram of my network.

Attached Files:

2. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Are your two routers connected together by wire as depicted in your drawing? If so, turn off DHCP in the DLINK and connect it to the Netgear router using the switch ports and not the WAN port. The DLINK will now become a switch and the machines connected to it will receive their IP addresses from the Netgear router. Everything will then be on the same subnet.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  3. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

kind of figured it would be somethin simple like that lol thanx alot man it worked like a charm!:)

4. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Your drawing helped a lot. Nice job!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds