Problems When Opening Internet Pages...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fizkowie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. fizkowie

fizkowie Private First Class

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I'm sure someone will guide me here. When I try and open an internet page (for example but not exclusively, weather.com or even the page I'm typing on now in MG), I can't scroll or in the case of this page, even type until all the various banners and ads load. Sometimes this takes almost a minute and it can be frustrating when you only want to check the weather. Is there some setting that I can alter so that these things don't display or if they do have to load, that they still allow me to scroll and read what I intended to instead of waiting for them? (Just ran Superantispyware and Malawarebytes and took care of the few things in there - just an fyi).

Thanks in advance as someone here is always most helpful.

Tammy

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You did not mention the browser you are using. Have you tried a different browser? Some render quicker than others.

Use an ad blocker and pages will load faster.

I can't scroll on pages until everything has loaded. That's the nature of the browser.

3. fizkowie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry, I am using IE10. You say to use an "ad blocker" can you give me more information on that - is it a downloaded program or already on my computer? Thanks.

4. plodr

5. fizkowie

64 bit and thanks!

6. plodr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds