Problems with 2nd display filling up screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

OK, so my friend bought a LE26R74BDX Samsung LCD tv and is over the moon with it. However his problem is as follows -

"I have one problem when linking it up as a PC monitor. I had a 15" Sony TFT as screen no.1 and then my sammy LCD as screen 2. Ive set the resoloution on screen 1 to 1024 by 768. And screen 2 is at 1360 by 768. The image comes up but it does not fill the whole of my the second screen. There is about 2 inches of grey either side"

However, if a window/application is maximised on this screen, it will fill up the screen - it's just the background that doesn't fill the screen. And before the wallpaper resolution idea comes, we tried widescreen wallpapers, and still had the problem.

Any ideas/software that could be used?

All gfx drivers are updated and all settings seem to be correct.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

BUMP

C'mon guys!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Dont have a clue as yet, if I can get it to work I will hook my laptop to my LCD TV and try to recreate that issue, but in the mean time even tho you have tried Widescreen wallpapers what size in pixels were they?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds