Problems with a D-link wireless card..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zoomoo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. zoomoo

zoomoo Private E-2

Hello.

I'm having trouble with a D-link wireless network card (DWL-G520) on my newly acquired computer. The machine is with a MSI socket-A motherboard(KT6-delta) and some 1,5Ghz processor. I'm running windows XP.
    The problem with the card is that it works only like 0,1% of the full capacity(I'm not kidding here). I might be able to load one webpage and then the connection usually disappears. Also having the card enabled in the system manager usually bogs the system down somehow(everything starts to lag). Also sometimes when I activate the card from windows(if it has been disabled), the machine just jams and reboots. I've used the card on my previous computer without any problems and I just tried it and it still works.. I'm at loss here. What to do?

J

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds