Problems with a wonderful piece of equipment: Belkin Wireless G

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamescook1989, Jan 30, 2010.

1. jamescook1989

jamescook1989 Private E-2

MODEL: F5D7234-4 V5
    The router will not setup correctly with the software given, when trying to do a manual set up with a 192.168.1.1 or .2.1 will not connect. When the router was first brought up via Windows 7 the automatic windows setup started and I figured "Eh, what the hell lets try it" Well apparently that's not the right answer. That setup the connection but it did not work, the device doesnt seem to restart correctly. I press and hold the button for up to two minutes and none of the lights on the device change. Then I tried to factory restore it by holding in the power button while I unplug, and kept it held in while i powered it up, still no difference, This is starting to really irritate me, as all the connections I have tried to setup previously with this router still continue to appear on the wireless connections available, but I cannot access these, 2 with security 1 without and still cannot connect.

I have 2 computers both rockin' Windows 7, also when I do an ipconfig, I have all settings correct but there is no IP4 address, I've got an IP6 , Default gateway is blank but I do have my DNS servers, all the settings are setup to automatically fill themselves in. So I know there is no error with that, when I direct connect directly to the modem, the hard line works, When I plug the laptop in directly to the wireless router we get the "No Network Access" message and the wonderful picture of a LAN connection with the amazing little yellow triangle picture I have come to know and love.

Any assistance is appreciated!

2. jamescook1989

jamescook1989 Private E-2

Also, just wanted to add: I did the whole tech support thing, but you know how it is. They had me do the basics, disabling the device, ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew etc....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds