problems with anti virus program (see inside for details)

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Jan 29, 2009.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

the computer i end up using about 50% of the time has lightspeed antivirus software (which doubles as a internet site blocker) and it tends to stop all my activity for pc repair ect.... so i was wondering is there a way to disable it (note i am a very restricted user acc long story) if so plz post the way to do so and tyvm to anyone who answers.

2. red death68

srry about double post cant find bump button and the problem still persist

3. red death68

still persist need help with problem so i can start trying to clean computer the program is stopping all my cleaning programs from doing full job

ps unistalling is not an option long story

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you are on a limited user account, then no. You will have to get the system admin. to either change the account type or have them give you access.

5. red death68

i c that will be a chore the administrator so to speak never would help with that lol they a real pain in the butt

6. TimW

Who owns the computer?

7. red death68

my boss lol but some programs i bring on a flash drive and such to kinda portably personalize the computer are being blocked i normaly run the maintnence while i eat my lunch so my comp will run just a bit better because boss is to cheap to higher it person

8. TimW

Then you need to either speak with him or stop trying to "fix" it. Then he will have to either allow you access or get someone to work on it. :)

9. red death68

lol i guys ill see how long until he folds but i will say one thing he is very stubbern

10. TimW

His computer....his problem. And when it does crash, charge him to fix it. :)

11. red death68

lol as long as he doesnt try some bullcrap claim of my responsibility tyvm for the help mods plz close

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds