Problems with Flash & Viewing Pages...HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by FunkGal200476, Nov 10, 2004.

1. FunkGal200476

FunkGal200476 Private E-2

Hello,

I have a similar problem = on certain sites i cannot view some content - (too a thread below about javascript ) instead I get a blank white box with a red cross in top right corner - this only suddenley started happening, i also somehow lost macromedia flash player from my system and this is also preventing me viewing certain sites..i.e. www.kumala.com ....When I try to download the flash player again from macromedia.com i get the blank white box and nothing happens ??? I try downloadong it from this site and it seems to download but it won't install. It asks me to browse for a directory for the plug in, but i don't know which to choose ( C: drive option only ) so I choose any and it says it couldn't find plug in and it does what looks like an install but nothing happens. All i have in my programs directory is flashplayerinstall which doesn't seem to change anything.

Also.... When i goto XP newsgroups and try to post a thread a small cross appears on my mouse cursor and I can't post anymore ??? Why has this happened and how can I put it back to how it use to be...I`ve lost all my old restore points so I can't do that. I have lowered my internet and defaulted my other security settings too. No CHANGE.

Please, Please can anyone help. :rolleyes:

Yours Faithfully,

Caz x

2. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

I had the same problem. All I did was unistall the flash player and reinstall it...

wish I could give more clarifaction... but I just got back of a nite out...

the unistall prog is on the macromedia website...

really sorry i could not be more help... if you havn't corrected this by the time it is my morning post again and I will be able to find the file :D

sorry, and wish I was able to give more help

-Ciz
    :D

3. TripleOption

TripleOption Private E-2

Do all of you virus/adware scans then make a backup of your registry first. Then go to regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}\

This registry item should not contain any strings. If there is a string value, it is most likely a set of compatibility flags.

This is the entry that causes Flash movies to fail in the browser. Delete the compatibility flags entry and restart Internet Explorer. Flash movies should then appear in the browser as expected.

This is from the macromedia website. It helped me in many ways. Maybe will help you. :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds