Problems with graphics in games / videos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zubbbra25, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Zubbbra25

Zubbbra25 Private E-2

Hi Everyone, first time poster here :)

Recently, and without any apparent reason the gamma / saturation / contrast in my games and videos has been acting up.

For example, I start up windows media player to watch a movie. The movie is very dark, so I run ATI Catalyst Control centre and go to color setting. I have to adjust the Saturation etc and then the video looks ok.

Then I start World of Warcraft (in windowed mode) and its ok. When I go to fullscreen I have to adjust the 3D color setting in the catalyst control panel.

When I go back to windowed mode, I have to re-adjust the color setting again. This is somewhat frustrating as I never had to do this before.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what the issue could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400.

2. Michenko

Michenko Private First Class

Welcome to MajorGeeks :D

Have you tried re-installing the latest ATI catalyst suite?

ATI drivers

If the new version doesn't fix your problem, make sure you have no 'profiles' set in the ATI control centre. The profiles can auto-detect what programs you are running at the time, and can change settings on the fly. Make sure it's set to default or off.

Let me know how you get on

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds